designer + developer

Hi! I'm Ellen,

a third-year computer science major at UC Berkeley, as well as a proponent of effective design and efficient code. As an instructor of the Web Design DeCal and a web developer for Innovative Design, I find a lot of joy in crafting websites — and, really, coding in general. This summer, I'll be working as a software development engineer intern at Amazon.

Although designing, coding, and teaching consume ~92% of my student life, I spend the other 8% baking cakes and browsing cooking blogs. Talk to me about the Broadway musical Hamilton or your favorite Netflix shows!

If you'd like to reach out, you can email me at e.hong@berkeley.edu — or take a look at my resume or Github.